Kate Kysow, Day 7
THE LAST day!
Wow, this challenge has gone by so fast it’s crazy! Last meal you ask? Oatmeal of course 🙂
Today, was one of the more stressful ones with work & school & hunger all getting mixed up in a slightly too stressful combination, but at least the day is done! Tomorrow, I get to buy coffee and meet other people on the challenge, which is super exciting.
Things that I’ve learnt or experienced on the challenge:
- losing weight
- feeling anxious trying to budget in a supermarket & not being sure if I have enough money
- feeling left out from social situations because I can’t afford food
- being on welfare is a ton of work due to the time it takes to budget & prepare meals
- people are really interested & shocked at the truth of BC’s welfare rates
- I should be more mindful of my food purchases going forward & start to budget
- oatmeal is the best thing in the world
- I hate beans
- coffee is a luxury, as are spices and nutritious foods
- having a kitchen makes a huge impact on the food we prepare
- my family & friends are loving and supportive (I already knew that, but just reinforced the point 🙂 )